Summer Scholarships For A Study Trip In Turkey
- The Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Turkey will offer short summer scholarships for a study trip for successful and motivated graduate students (MA, MPhil, PhD, etc.) interested in Ottoman and Turkish studies.
- The aim of the project is to provide wide-ranging first-hand information on Turkey, its culture, history and politics; and to promote social and academic exchanges among the participants and their Turkish counterparts.
- Applicants to the study trip must be graduate students in Turcology, History, Political Science, International Relations, Sociology, Journalism, Law or Public Administration.
- This year’s scholarship programme is open to students from the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA.
- All travel and accommodation expenses of the study trip will be covered by the Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
- The programme will include 30 participants.
- The programme, excursions and discussions will be in English.
- Participants of the study trip will be required to arrive in Turkey on 23 August 2016 and fully participate in the programme that ends on 1 September 2016. (Draft programme is enclosed.)
- Following the visit, participants will be requested to provide an evaluation paper by 26 September 2016 on the programme and their perception of Turkey.
- Applications will be made to the Turkish Embassy in Oslo, to the following address:
Halvdan Svartes gate 5 0244 Oslo
- Applicants will be requested to provide a CV, motivation letter in English and transcripts.
- The deadline for applications is 5 July 2016.
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 17:00
Personal Application to Consular Section: 09:00-12:30, Phone Application to Consular Section: 14:00-16:00 Applicants who use public transportation for arriving at the Embassy can get off at the Olav Kyrres Plass bus-stop on Bygdoy Alle.
|1/1/2019||1/1/2019||Local Religious Holiday (Nyttårsdag)|
|4/18/2019||4/19/2019||Local Religious Holiday -Easter|
|6/10/2019||6/10/2019||Religious Public Holiday (Pentecost)|
|1/1/2020||12/2/2019||New Year's Day|
|4/9/2020||4/14/2020||Local Religious Holiday - Easter|
|10/29/2020||10/30/2020||Republic Day of Turkey|
+ 90 312 292 29 29